Prices tbc 2022
2021 Standard Prices after July 31 2021
Adult - $535
Youth 5 up to 16 years - $400
Infant up to 4 years - $290
BOOKINGS OPEN MAY 2022
Contact us to be notified when bookings open.
When in 2022?
Friday September 30 – Sunday October 2nd 2022.
East Gippsland Rail Trail, Victoria. Bairnsdale to Orbost. (See the download below for a map)
- Total distance 100 km over 3 days
- Longest day 40 km
- Extra Sweat option of up to 20 km most days, with Extra Hills
- All meals (Friday lunch to Sunday lunch)
- 2 nights campsite accommodation (or upgrade: see Accommodation Options
- Route support (sag wagon, first aid, water)
- Entertainment: live music, bike movies, Saturday afternoon activities
- Return transport bike and rider to starting point ( how we provide return transport may be impacted by Covid 19 restrictions)
- Luggage transport each day
- Kind and friendly people
Suited to – Bikes:
The Rail Trail has a hard packed gravel surface best suited to hybrid, gravel grinder, cyclocross or mountain bikes. Because some sections of track can become soft after rain, develop sandy patches or have loose gravel, bikes with tyres of at least 32 mm width and deep or knobbly tread are recommended. If you don't have a suitable bike, you can hire one for the event.
Suited to – Riders:
The Great East Rail Trail Ride will not require an extraordinary feat of athleticism. If you know that you can (or will be able to) comfortably cycle 30 km in a morning or afternoon you will manage this ride. For those who like to go a little harder the Extra Sweat option each day will provide up to an extra 20 km of cycling most days.